CREW Network Board Service
CREW Network board service offers a unique leadership opportunity to participate with other innovative men and women who are accomplished professionals and leaders in commercial real estate. It is an honor to be identified as a leader among your peers and no other opportunity offers a more rewarding experience than service to a global organization promoting our talented members.
- Increased visibility within the industry
- Leadership skills and experience that benefit you and your company, including:
- Strategic planning and thinking
- International board leadership experience
- Consensus building skills
- Fundraising skills attractive for future board service
- Motivating and leading volunteers at a global level
- Speaking / presentation skills
- Impacting the future of women in the industry
- Expanded professional connections
- International recognition and exposure
- Opportunity to influence the future direction and benefits of CREW Network membership
- Three-day strategic planning meeting in Nov. in Kansas City required.
- On average, two extra days to travel and meet in conjunction with each CREW Network Leadership Summit (Board meeting held on days prior to the Leadership Summit).
- Monthly board conference calls between in-person meetings.
- Serve as liaison to a CREW Network committee or task force.
- Serve as a liaison for 7-9 chapters.
- Host 1-2 'best practices' conference calls with delegates.
- Periodic strategy calls with CREW Network president and CEO.
- Approximately 3-4 chapter visits a year and attendance at a regional meeting, if applicable to your geography.
- CREW Network staff provide support to each committee and task force, set up meetings and conference calls and distribute minutes, reminders and reports to the board.
- CREW Network staff provides guidelines, history and background.
- CREW Network policies and procedures provide structure and framework.
- CEO is available to help all board members with planning and strategies.
- CREW Network covers the costs of hotel nights required for board meetings.
- For board members who are not delegates, or whose companies do not cover the hotel and transportation costs related to council and board meetings, CREW Network covers these expenses except the additional hotel nights required for attendance at the annual CREW Network convention.
- Fees for CREW Network meetings and events are complimentary except for the registration and other fees related to the annual CREW Network convention.
- CREW Network pays the expenses related to the strategic planning meeting in November.
- CREW Network pays the expenses of chapter visits by board members.
- Current CREW Network delegates and current CREW Network board members,
- Current CREW Network committee or task force members,
- Members who attend at least one council meeting as an official alternate delegate during the year of application for board service, or
- Members who can demonstrate significant past involvement with and an understanding of the goals and purposes of CREW Network. This includes past delegates or members who have actively worked on CREW Network committees or projects.
- An individual may be nominated for more than one position (president-elect or director). Delegates making nominations and do not have to verify the willingness of an individual to serve. That will be done by the Nominating Committee.
- A delegate may self nominate.
- Members of the current Nominating Committee are not eligible to be nominated.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities (in committee work or otherwise observed by delegates, board members or members of the Nominating Committee),
- Responsiveness and participation as a delegate, local chapter leader and/or member of a CREW Network committee or task force,
- Effectiveness as a leader advancing women in commercial real estate from an global perspective,
- Ability to synthesize disparate views and come to consensus with others for the good of all chapters,
- Ability to synthesize new knowledge and lead others,
- Understanding of strategic thinking and "big picture" planning, which evaluates resources realistically and focuses appropriately,
- Ability to work as a team member, while delegating responsibilities to others,
- Dedication to the CREW Network - proven performance and a willingness to put the good of the organization ahead of personal agenda,
- Solid sense of fairness, good judgment and integrity.
- Good speaking skills – comfortable with public speaking.
Return to Top